Trek in style with the Mountain Lodges of Peru on the alternative Inca Trail on this once in a lifetime journey taking you through magnificent scenery on a spectacular physical, cultural and spiritual journey.
Peru is frequently referred to as the ‘Land of the Incas’, and the Peruvian Andes are arguably the most beautiful on the continent and the mountains are home to millions of highland Indians who still speak the ancient tongue of Quechua and maintain a traditional way of life.
This trip offers a unique opportunity to hike the Salkantay Inca Trail in comfort, staying in enchanting mountain lodges where you can indulge in comfort – soaking in natural hot springs and eating fine food. Trek a rarely used ancient trail in the Cordillera Vilcabamba, through some of the most stunning scenery in the world, ending at the fabled lost city of Machu Picchu, Peru’s most famous Inca ruin, where you will have two nights to enjoy the wonderful surroundings. Also spend time in Cusco, former capital of the Inca Empire; the Sacred Valley; and have a chance to explore Lima, City of Kings.
- Luxury mountain lodges (no camping!)
- Soak in outdoor hot-tubs under the stars
- Gourmet Andean cuisine
- Hike through stunning mountain scenery on the Salkantay Inca Trail
- Guided tours of Machu Picchu, Cuzco sights, Sacred Valley and Lima
- Small family-run boutique hotels, local style
- Alternative dates, itineraries and hotels can be arranged