It’s unlike anywhere else. Raw and simple one minute, bustling and friendly the next. In one breath dramatic and tranquil. A sail among the limestone peaks in Halong Bay. Footpaths that snake through secluded rice paddies. A quiet nod from villagers leading buffalo to water. Touching the ethereal ruins of Angkor with your own hands. It’s a journey full of color and intrigue. Every meal is a metaphor for the region’s complex culture. Every hotel offers soothing comforts. Temples that defy centuries. Smiles that bridge oceans. And local guides that open doors long closed.
- Cambodia’s thrilling Angkor Wat ruins
- An insider's perspective from our two local guides, longtime Backroads friends
- Hoi An: beautifully preserved and a delight to explore
- Cruise and kayak on gorgeous Halong Bay
- Indulge in some of Asia’s freshest and tastiest cuisine
Departing from Hanoi